One Hour Distillery Tour
Here at the Spirit of Yorkshire we would like to invite you to visit us for a Distillery tour. Our tours run Monday to Sunday at 11am and 1pm. The one hour tour entails:
An introduction of the works here at the Spirit of Yorkshire and its founders in the Distillery boardroom.
Exploring our Copper Pot Stills with our expert tour guide with an up close and detailed description of our unique distilling process.
Information about our distinctive casks that influence our maturing spirit over the years as it evolves in to Yorkshire’s First Single Malt Whisky.
Rounding off with three different tasters of our maturing spirits with a free glass to take home with you.
Please note: We currently do not distill on Wednesdays, Saturdays & Sundays however the tours are still available. We regret children under the age of 6 are not permitted on a distillery tour. There are steps throughout the distillery so if you have trouble walking and/or standing please contact us prior to booking. These tickets are only E-tickets and will not be delivered.
Updates to our Distillery Tours, as of 13th July 2020.
We ask that anyone intending to visit the distillery also takes precautions and follows government advice. If you are displaying any signs of Covid-19 please refrain from visiting the distillery to prevent the spread of the virus. We will be more than happy to rearrange your tour for a future date.
Booking your tour
- We’ll be running 2 tours a day Monday to Sunday.
- Tours will start at 11am and 1pm.
- Each tour will be limited to 6 people.
- Tours must be booked in advance with a minimum of 12 hours notice.
- We are not offering walk in tours at this time.
At the distillery
- We ask that you arrive 5 minutes before the start time and remain outside or in your vehicles until your guide collects you.
- There will be markings in the tasting room and around the distillery, showing where visitors should stand/sit to comply with the 1 metre plus guidance from the government.
- We have installed plenty of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) throughout the distillery with the aim of reducing the risk of transmission of the virus. This includes clear Perspex screens at the shop counter, hand sanitiser dispensers throughout the distillery, and gloves & face masks for our employees to wear.
- To minimise the spread of the virus, tour visitors will be encouraged to take their temperature on arrival and sanitise their hands
- In view of safety, we reserve the right to offer a new booking date or refund if we feel it's necessary to do so.
- Customer toilets will remain closed unless requested.
- Extensive cleaning will be carried out before and after a tour.
- Areas of the distillery accessed by customers will undergo frequent cleaning routines including hand rails and door handles being wiped regularly, and surfaces disinfected throughout the day.
- We are operating with limited employees on site and have changed our opening times to 10am – 4pm, 7 days a week (10am – 3pm on Sundays).
Ticket price guide:
- $15.61 - Adult Ticket
- $6.24 - Child Ticket (Under 18)