It’s been an odd year, to say the least, with the Pot Still Coffee Shop closed and Tours paused for nearly 6 months on and off. Despite everything though, we’ve continued to be overwhelmed by the community around the distillery, from our cask owners to our customers to our suppliers, big and small.
So thank you very much for all your clicks, comments, purchases, visits, coffees and cakes. We’ve loved seeing you all at the distillery when it’s been possible, or on our screens when it hasn’t!
In 2020 we have:
- Created 5 new Filey Bay Single Malt Whiskies (and one Cream Liqueur!)
- Distilled 119,000 litres of new make spirit
- …which filled 574 casks (at 63.5%)
- …and which will roughly equate to 234,000 bottles (at 46%)
- Harvested 450 tons of barley
- … of which 60% was direct drilled
- … and which will make 351.5 tons of malt!
- Served 6056 cups of coffee, 1036 scones and 2024 slices of cake (despite being closed for 6 months)
- Gone digital – hosting 3 sell-out virtual tastings, 2 online gigs, many Facebook Lives and a takeover of Le Chameau’s Instagram page for the day
- Welcomed 2 new team members
- And we even had a variety of dahlia named after Filey Bay.